So I think the first thing was the tag sales. Vernon had town-wide tag sales a few Saturday's ago and Deanna and Heather wanted to go, therefore they left their most difficult children with Sarah and I :) No, not really, I just had to give them a hard time :) We took Lydia and Kenzie and they were actually REALLY, REALLY good. We went to tag sales ourselves and then went to Shady Glen for lunch! MMMMMM MMMMMM!!!
One of the places we stopped had lolipops for sale, so we each got one :) Aren't they just so cute?
The next four pictures are at Shady Glen.
Lydia thought it rather funny to put a pickle in her mouth and try to drink at the same time :)
The next event for this post is the pedicure. Sarah called wondering if I would want to buy a fishing license and I told her that I probably shouldn't spend the money, so instead she asked if I wanted to get a pedicure (which is more expensive than a fishing license!) and I agreed. Well that didn't really make too much sense to her but it did to me :) Ashley went with us and got a manicure and Julianne met us at the mall and got her hair cut :) Then we went to Panera for supper...well dessert for me since I didn't know we were eating supper together. For those of you who don't know Ashley and Julianne...this is Ashley with Sarah...
And this is Julianne with me :)
I think it was the next Tuesday night that Sarah asked again if I would get a fishing license and this time I said I would...so we went fishing :) Neither of us caught anything but it was fun anyway. Lydia came with us and used her pole that Sarah got her for her birthday. Actually I shouldn't say we didn't get anything...Sarah caught a HUGE, NASTY frog that she was rather pleased with :) Lydia wasn't too fond of it though. We went fishing this past Tuesday also and again, Sarah was the only one to get anything but this time it was a fish. We went in the evening when it was still light out but it was sooooooo cold and we didn't last all that long. So we went home and got some warmer clothes on and when it got dark out we went back out to try and catch some catfish, but to no avail. We actually made out really bad because the fish kept biting our lines, pulling it behind a rock and then letting go, leaving our hook stuck behind the rock. In the end, Sarah lost three hooks and two rubber worms I think and I lost one hook and my night crawler.
Poor Lydia fell in the water the first week (she wasn't with us the second week) and got a little wet :(
This is how I cast :) Into the tree BEHIND me!!!
Like I said, she wasn't real fond of the frog :)
I got to borrow Heather's rubber boots for this trip since I was standing in the water...Thanks Heather!
These last pictures are of the second night fishing.
All bundled up :)
This was when it was still light out (0bviously!!!) and I somehow managed to get my line extremely tangled :( I had to cut it and start over. Erin called me when it happened, too, so that's who I'm pouting to :) Oh and take a look at that awesome pole! Sarah got it for me for my birthday! Thanks Sarah :)
Sarah keeps trying to make me put my own worm on my hook but I just CAN'T do it! I can hold it okay but when I start putting it on the hook and it squirms and squeezes I just can't do it! It grosses me out like none other...so I used some plyers to help me :) I'm pretty sure in the end, Sarah did this one for me too :)
Let's see, what else is there to say...
Oh!!!! I got CT license plates today and I'm pretty excited about it! I was getting sick of feeling like people didn't think I knew where I was going and didn't know how to drive around here because I'm from "Illinois". I will admit that it was kinda sad to take off my AVIRK 90 plate but I'm excited for my CT plate...and it says 915 YAX :)
I feel like I've said a lot and I have a lot of pictures in this post so I'll just stop with the words :)
Except I have just one more thing...if there are any typos in here, I'm sorry...I'm not risking my post again by hitting the spelling check again!
Goodnight :)
LoViN' the post!!! man, we have FUNN, don't we??? lydia and kenzi are so stinking CuTe together!! i love the pic with the lolipops and the one with the pickle is really cute! and that frog wasnt nasty BTW, it was AWSOME! i am thinking you were just jealous that you didnt catch it! jk! HaHa!!!
ReplyDeleteanyway, i should go to bed, as i am leaving for FL in the am! have a great night and a great time in IL and see you when you get home! love you!!!! =)
looks like you is keepin' busy an havin' lots a fun! :) glad ya'all had a good time fishin', even if you didn't catch much. i is lovin' all the cute an funny pictures on here darlin'! oh no. . .not the aardvark. . . :'( this is a sad day. sooo whats the YAX stand for? well i love ya even if you got rid of it. just kidding! its ok, i understand! :)
ReplyDeleteFun fun! Kenzie is a little cuty tuty!:) oh my NEW?! license plates...that is a big deal!:) I cannot wait to see you guys! love ya...oh and did the pedicure feel good?..I am sure it did:)
ReplyDeletehooray for the pedicure! don't they feel so good? i've tried to get andy to get one but he thinks its just for girls! lol. and as for the YAX on your licence plate...that stands for
ReplyDelete"Yacks from 9 to 5"...yep...admit it...you do.
love ya and can't wait to see ya!
haha yes erin! thats it! :) she does true, true. ;)
ReplyDeleteOkay, Peenda, here's my comment! Aren't you so proud of me I finally got around to it? :P I LOVE that picture of Lydia pointing into the tackle box...SO adorable! Country girl to the core. Love your new license plate...very fitting =) I will miss your aardvark, though...
ReplyDelete