I love Buell's Orchard...I love the memories I have of going there as a kid and going on the hayride.
Last weekend Deanna, the girls, Sam and I went and it was so much fun! It was a bit chilly on the hayride but that was no big deal :) We got to pick out some pumpkins and pick some DELICIOUS apples!
Look at these two...aren't they just so cute?


Kenzie had enough I guess :)

We got out to the pumpkin patch and we were walking around trying to find a nice round pumpkin. I wanted to find one for Kenzie that was small enough that she could hold it to take a picture. I saw this tiny one and figured she could just use it for the picture and then pick out a big one. Nope, she wanted to keep the little one and there was no talking her out of it! :) (Sorry her eyes are closed but this was the best picture of her pumpkin)


Kayleigh picked out a big one :) She had quite the time picking it up and I snapped this shot just in time because she wasn't holding it long :) I guess it's still pretty impressive that she picked it up at all though!
Uncle Sammy jumped in to help out :)

...this one not so much :) If you notice the distressed look on Kayleigh's face that's because she had just fallen forward off her lovely pumpkin and landed in the mud/dirt, also notice the spots on her knees that were not in the previous picture...she was not happy :)

On the way back with their pumpkins!


There was a huge pumpkin there and I'm not even going to say how much I think it weighed because there is some argument between a few of us about how much it weighed :) Right Uncle Sammy? :) All I know is that it's bigger than both the girls.


Kenzie found the wagons that are used to carry pumpkins and apples that you pick. She decided she needed one for her pumpkin :)
And last but certainly not least, picking the apples! Well I guess I don't have any pictures of actually picking them but rather pulling the wagon with the apples we picked...same difference!


There you have it! That's all for now. I have some more pictures to post some other time but not now because I have more to do before my day is over :)
Such cute pics! I love the one of Kenzie pulling the wagon, very typical of her! :) By the way, how much does that big pumpkin weigh?? I would be very interested to know, it's huge!! :) I don't think I've ever seen one that big before!
ReplyDeleteJust ask Sam how much it weighs...I'm sure he'd be happy to share his opinion :)
ReplyDeleteAmanda,
ReplyDeleteBet you had no idea that I check out your blog! I just wanted to say how nice it was to see Kayleigh helping Sam pick up the pumpkin and Kenzie helping Sam pull the wagon. It figures, Sam wasn't able to perform those tasks by himself!
Dave
We went there too! but we didn't pick any pumpkins :) Check out my post about buell's to see how much the pumpkin actually weighs.
ReplyDeleteHaha, funny Dave!
ReplyDeleteCUTE pics!! I miss those girlies! looks like fun!:) That was purrrrty funny dave:) did you guys keep that pumpkin?? its huge!!
ReplyDelete-JULES:)