It's been almost a week.
I still haven't heard anything :(
Dana (my boss) tells me that's a good thing for me because they are required to call everyone who didn't get the position before they call the person who did just in case it slips out before everyone knows, which makes sense. Apparently someone is very hard to get a hold of because I've been waiting and waiting for a phone call and it still hasn't come!
Dana keeps picking up her phone and saying "Oh, Hi! Bela? Ya, she actually decided she's not interested and she's not going to take the position." or "Oh hi Bela, oh she didn't get it? That's too bad, I will let her know." She's so awful to me ;) Anyway, her and Rick (my other boss) keep telling me how awful it will be and how much I will hate it if I go there. You see they don't want me to go and they are coming up with everything they can to make me want to stay right now. I will say it is nice to be appreciated and wanted at work :)
Right now the Fiscal department is at the main branch but the bank is going to be moving some offices to a Glastonbury office which is quite a bit further and is not exactly a fun commute on the highway during rush hour. That is where I would end up being in the long run. So they tell me I'm going to hate it. I'm not so sure about that because the work sounds like what I love to do. I will admit though that they are making me second-guess myself :(
The pay is better. I had my review in Somers today and it was really good. They are giving me a raise and a promotion which brings another raise but it is still more than a dollar less than I would be making with the other position. It's a tough decision now because they keep telling me that I will have no opportunity to move up in the fiscal department and if I would just stay in retail I could move up more.
So anyway, that's my story right now...I'm waiting for that phone call! Every morning when I wake up the first thing I think is, maybe it will be today! Then the day is over and I'm disappointed again :(
I'll be sure to post with results :)
Sorry I don't have anything exciting lately. No pictures. I haven't done anything exciting enough to take pictures of I guess. Actually I wanted my camera last night when I was at my parents house doing wash. The girls were there and Kenzie came over to me with a blanket and crawled up on my lap, covered us both with it and snuggled. She never does that! Of course I didn't have my camera! I never have it when it would be ever so handy! :(
U r a patient woman;)
ReplyDeleteI think you should skip the Fiscal job too. $1 right now isn't worth that much, or the commute! :) Just to confuse you a little more..
ReplyDelete